Silver Award status as service veteran employer
Published on 31 Jul 2022 by Emma Eynon
Fantom Factory is proud to officially hold a Silver Award status as a recognised supportive defence employer for service veterans.
We are proud to champion this cause as a digital leader in Wales and as part of the wider United Kingdom.
(Our international readers may notice that our award is bilingual and also includes the Welsh language!)
Defence Employer Recognition Scheme - Silver Award
- must have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
- the employer must have already stated their intent to be supportive by using the ERS website to register at the Bronze level
- the employer must proactively demonstrate that service personnel / armed forces community are not unfairly disadvantaged as part of their recruiting and selection processes
- the employer must actively ensure that their workforce is aware of their positive policies towards defence people issues.
- within the context of Reserves the employer must have demonstrated support to mobilisations or have a framework in place. They must demonstrate support to training by providing at least 5 days’ additional unpaid / paid leave (wherever possible not to Reservist employees’ financial disadvantage)
- the employer must not have been the subject of any negative PR or media activity
>> Read the official local press release here <<
Armed Forces Covenant
Fantom Factory has pleged to uphold the values of the Armed Forces Covenant and we also take part in the local authority Forum to help serve our community.
"The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly."
A note from Emma Eynon - founder of Fantom Factory
"As a British Army veteran with the Royal Corps of Signals I believe it is extremely important to encourage and support members of the Service community to move into rewarding new careers and opportunities.
"I was in that position once and now I'm very proud to be able to offer help and support with my own digital business."
>> Read about our success at the recent Welsh Veterans Awards! <<
If you have any questions, or perhaps you'd just like to introduce yourself - then talk to us anytime!